During this class you will learn.
- Learn how to thread a machine, wind a bobbin and choose which stitch to use.
- Learn about different seams and stitches- we will work on samples for you to keep as reference.
- Learn how to do a zip and a buttonhole using your machine .
- Learn how to do gathers, pleats and darts- again we will work on samples for you to keep as reference.
- Learn how to read and understand sewing pattern.
- Learn how to choose the right fabric for your project.
- Once this is done we will make a garment from a pattern
Over the first week we will discuss a pattern so you can go away and choose something to work on over the course as well as your fabric and accessories, you will need this from week 2 onwards. The pattern must be a beginners pattern.
November: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
December : 4th
Time: 7pm – 9.30 pm
Please indicate at the time of booking if you want to bring your machine or use one of ours.
Price includes all the fabric and materials for the reference samples but not pattern, fabric and notions for your item of clothing.
Classes cannot be booked individually